St. John the Baptist School was erected in 1877 in a rural farming community. Children grew up with faith in God, respect for the Church and the land God gave us. In 1887, it became part of the newly-formed Diocese of Belleville, and the students were taught by the religious orders. In 1911, the present school was erected. In 1966, Fr. Joseph P. Mueller added two more classrooms to take care of increasing enrollment. 1983 saw the convent converted to a parish center. In 2001, a new parish center was built, a multipurpose facility call the Munier Parish Center. Today, as our community continues to grow and prosper, we at St. John's strive for academic excellence and to develop the Christian leadership that will build strong Catholic families well into the future.